- 1 What should I not miss in Cyprus?
- 2 How many days do you need in Cyprus?
- 3 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 4 What is the best part of Cyprus to stay in?
- 5 Is Larnaca worth visiting?
- 6 Are there sharks in Cyprus?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 8 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 9 Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
- 10 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 11 Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
- 12 Is food expensive in Cyprus?
- 13 Where is best to stay in Cyprus for couples?
- 14 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 15 Are taxis expensive in Cyprus?
What should I not miss in Cyprus?
Some things you just can’t afford to miss in Cyprus are:
- Explore the Akamas National Park.
- Book a wine tasting session.
- Visit a monastery.
- Explore the archeological wonders of Kurion.
- Have a refreshing time at the Adonis Waterfalls.
How many days do you need in Cyprus?
There are so many things to do in Paphos that you could easily occupy your entire time in Cyprus, however, three days should be sufficient to both see a lot of cool things while also allowing you plenty of time to relax by the Mediterranean.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
What is the best part of Cyprus to stay in?
The 12 Best Areas Where to Stay in Cyprus
- Ayia Napa, where to stay in Cyprus for nightlife.
- Akamas Peninsula/Polis, a base for lovers of nature.
- Nicosia, the largest city and capital of Cyprus.
- Agros/Trooda Mountains, an idyllic location away from the coast.
- Famagusta, still a pawn in the Greek/Turkish dispute over Cyprus.
Is Larnaca worth visiting?
Larnaca is a good option for travellers looking to stay in one location, who are visiting Cyprus for a beach holiday and a beach holiday only. It’s a charming city, however, it is lacking in sites and it is far more suited for days spent lounging on the beach rather than exploring.
Are there sharks in Cyprus?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
Food Safety and Drinking Water Quality Food and drinking water are of high quality, absolutely safe and no food or water-borne diseases occur. Cyprus is also free from dangerous infectious diseases. There are no vaccination requirements for any international travellers.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
10 of the Best Beaches in Cyprus: Your Seaside Hotlist
- Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach, Paphos.
- Konnos Bay, Ayia Napa.
- Lara Bay, Akamas Peninsula.
- Porto Pomos, Pomos.
- Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa.
- Serena Bay, Protaras.
- Paramali Beach, Avdimou Village, Limassol.
- Mackenzie Beach, Larnaca.
Is food expensive in Cyprus?
While meal prices in Cyprus can vary, the average cost of food in Cyprus is €33 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Cyprus should cost around €13 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Where is best to stay in Cyprus for couples?
Best place to stay in Cyprus for couples
- Protaras, for the beautiful beach.
- Paphos, historic sites and awesome coast.
- Amathus Bay and Limassol.
- Pernera, family-oriented resorts.
- Coral Bay, north of Paphos.
- Ayia Napa, for the young generation.
- Limassol, for the local nightlife.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Are taxis expensive in Cyprus?
Regular taxi This is a very convenient (most taxis are Mercedes-Benz), but a slightly expensive option. For example, a taxi ride from Limassol to Larnaca Airport costs 50 euros. A ride to Paphos airport costs 40-45 euros. A ride around the city costs 10-12 euros.