- 1 What type of people go to Cyprus?
- 2 What is so special about Cyprus?
- 3 Why is Cyprus Popular?
- 4 Is Cyprus a good place for a holiday?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 7 Is Cyprus an Arab country?
- 8 Do and don’ts in Cyprus?
- 9 What is Cyprus famous food?
- 10 Is there sharks in Cyprus waters?
- 11 What is Cyprus like to visit?
- 12 Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
- 13 Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
- 14 Are there any dangerous animals in Cyprus?
- 15 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
What type of people go to Cyprus?
The people of Cyprus are broadly divided into two main ethnic communities, Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots, who share many cultural traits but maintain distinct identities based on ethnicity, religion, language, and close ties with their respective motherlands.
What is so special about Cyprus?
A whole town has World Heritage status. Cyprus is a small island with a vast amount of history. But that isn’t what makes Paphos historically unique — the remains of ancient tombs, fortresses and palaces have made the whole town a Unesco World Heritage Site.
Why is Cyprus Popular?
Cyprus is widely famous for its richness in Copper. Copper has a very long history associated with Cyprus. The Goddess Aphrodite has also represented copper in mythology and alchemy because of its lustrous beauty and its ancient use in producing mirrors.
Is Cyprus a good place for a holiday?
Cyprus is a wonderful holiday destination. More so if you like exotic beaches in their pristine state, less crowds and low commercialization around the coastline. I had been there this December and must say, it felt like heaven on earth. The beaches, Troodos mountains, Nicosia, Paphos, all of it.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Is Cyprus an Arab country?
The majority of people think that Cyprus is an Arab country. But in reality, the Republic of Cyprus isn’t considered an Arab country. Arab identity is the state of perceiving oneself as an Arab and as relating to being Arab.
Do and don’ts in Cyprus?
Cyprus Travel Donts Do not enter a mosque without removing your shoes. Do not walk in front of someone who is praying. Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum in public during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Do not sit until told to sit down.
What is Cyprus famous food?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is there sharks in Cyprus waters?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
What is Cyprus like to visit?
One of the top reasons for visiting Cyprus is the incredible weather. The summer months are warm and dry, and perfect for enjoying the island’s many beaches. Even in winter you’ll find the weather is warm compared to most parts of Europe. For many people this makes Cyprus the ideal holiday destination all year round.
Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
Budget travel in Cyprus is nearly impossible. It’s not that the country is particularly expensive – it’s more than the Balkans but cheaper than the Nordic countries. No, Cyprus just makes it really difficult to enjoy the country if you’re not rich and looking for a luxury vacation. Planning to Visit Cyprus?
Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Are there any dangerous animals in Cyprus?
The most dangerous animal in Cyprus is either the Blunt Nosed Viper or the Montpellier Snake. A bite from either one can be fatal for an adult human. Are there deer in Cyprus? There are deer known as Dama dama mesopotamia on the island of Cyprus.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.