- 1 What documents do you need to get married in Cyprus?
- 2 Do I need an affidavit to get married in Cyprus?
- 3 How many days do you have to be in Cyprus before you can get married?
- 4 How can a foreigner get married in Cyprus?
- 5 How much does it cost to get married in Cyprus?
- 6 Where can I get married in Cyprus?
- 7 Is a wedding in Cyprus legal?
- 8 Where is the easiest place to get married?
- 9 Can you marry your cousin in Cyprus?
- 10 Where is the best place to get married in Cyprus?
- 11 Can asylum seekers get married in Cyprus?
- 12 How do you elope in Cyprus?
- 13 Why do Israelis get married in Cyprus?
- 14 How do I get a civil marriage in Cyprus?
What documents do you need to get married in Cyprus?
You will need
- Valid Passports.
- Full Birth Certificates.
- Single Status Statutory Declaration (Sworn Affidavit)
- Decree Absolute (if applicable)
- Death certificate of spouse & previous marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Deed Poll (if applicable)
- Adoption certificate (if applicable)
Do I need an affidavit to get married in Cyprus?
To get married in Cyprus you will need a full 10-year British passport, certified copy of original birth certificates and statutory declaration (also known as affidavit or certificate of no impediment). Couples need to take all original documentation with them to Cyprus.
How many days do you have to be in Cyprus before you can get married?
You do need to spend a minimum of three days in Cyprus before having the ceremony and have two witnesses present. Civil unions in the Republic of Cyprus may be arranged for both single sex couples and couples of different sexes who don’t want to have a wedding.
How can a foreigner get married in Cyprus?
While there are no specific residency requirements for foreign nationals wishing to marry in Cyprus, there is typically a fifteen-day waiting period. It is possible to avoid this delay by applying to the Minister of the Interior for a special marriage license allowing the marriage to take place in three days.
How much does it cost to get married in Cyprus?
An average wedding for 80 guests in Cyprus costs around 12,000 euros. Marriages conducted in Cyprus are internationally accepted and legally binding. You have to stay in Cyprus for three clear business days before your wedding day.
Where can I get married in Cyprus?
Explore our favourite Cyprus wedding venues below, or call our specialists.
- Olympic Lagoon Paphos. Paphos, Cyprus.
- Olympic Lagoon Resort. Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
- Constantinos the Great. Protaras, Cyprus.
- King Evelthon Beach Hotel and Resort.
- Alexander the Great Hotel Paphos Cyprus.
- Asterias Beach Hotel.
- The Dome Beach Hotel.
Is a wedding in Cyprus legal?
It is relatively straightforward for British and Irish citizens to get married in Cyprus, and the marriage is completely legal in the UK and Ireland. There is no need to pre-register the marriage.
Where is the easiest place to get married?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”.
- New York.
Can you marry your cousin in Cyprus?
Cypriots – Marriage and Family In the countryside, there is a strong tendency toward village endogamy. The church prohibits marriage between second cousins or more closely related blood kin, and tradition prohibits marriage Between individuals sharing in a koumbari relationship, as mentioned earlier.
Where is the best place to get married in Cyprus?
Best of Cyprus Weddings
- Elysium Hotel in Paphos.
- Alexander the Great Hotel in Paphos.
- Annabelle Hotel in Paphos.
- Ayii Anagyri Natural Healing Resort in Paphos.
- Olympic Lagoon Resort in Paphos.
- Elias Beach Hotel & Resort in Limassol.
- Peyia Municipality in Paphos.
- Edro III Shipwreck in Paphos.
Can asylum seekers get married in Cyprus?
Cyprus toughens rules on student’s entry and sham marriages in new Immigration and Asylum Policy. As he said, asylum seekers mainly enter the Republic, as foreign students, by making sham marriages, by arriving from Turkish – occupied areas that the Republic can’t control or by sea.
How do you elope in Cyprus?
8) Elope in Cyprus – Your Checklist
- Choose a Location. With so many options, how do you even begin to decide?
- Pick a date. Do some research on the weather in Cyprus, and settle on a date to elope!
- Learn About Travel Visas.
- Book Flights and Accommodation.
- Book Your Vendors.
- Elope in Your Dream Location!
Why do Israelis get married in Cyprus?
Most Israelis marrying in Cyprus do so to avoid the country’s Orthodox Jewish religious establishment, either because they don’t want a religious ceremony or because they follow different faiths and do not want either partner to have to convert.
How do I get a civil marriage in Cyprus?
Civil wedding between Cypriots – Required documents
- Affidavit at a Registrar of the District Court.
- Statement from the Ministry of Interior (MIGRATION)
- Divorce Certificate (if applicable)
- Death Certificate of Spouse (if applicable)
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- ID Card.