- 1 How much is a driving Licence in Cyprus?
- 2 How do I get an international driver’s license in Cyprus?
- 3 Can foreigners drive in Cyprus?
- 4 Can foreigners get a drivers license?
- 5 What driving Licence do I need to drive in Cyprus?
- 6 What is the driving age in Cyprus?
- 7 Does Cyprus require an international driver’s license?
- 8 Do I need an international driver’s license in Cyprus?
- 9 How can I change my driving licence in Cyprus?
- 10 Is driving in Cyprus same as UK?
- 11 Can asylum seekers get driving Licence in Cyprus?
- 12 What side of the road does Cyprus drive on?
- 13 Can I drive while waiting for my licence?
- 14 What is the average hours of driving lessons to pass?
- 15 What documents do I need to exchange my driving Licence?
How much is a driving Licence in Cyprus?
The cost of a Cyprus Driving Licence is €40,00 for people aged up to 65, and free over the age of 65. European driving licences are recognized officially by legislation (Law 94 (1)/2001).
How do I get an international driver’s license in Cyprus?
The renewal procedure for International Driving License in Cyprus:
- Apply online, attach scanned copies of your passport size photograph.
- Attach the signed photocopy of your driver’s license, both front and back.
- Attach all documents submitted earlier.
- Pay the required fee.
Can foreigners drive in Cyprus?
Anyone driving a motor vehicle (excluding mopeds) on the roads in Cyprus must be 18 years or older and have a valid driving licence. Some foreign-issued driving licences are valid in Cyprus indefinitely (provided certain requirements are met) and some are valid for a limited period.
Can foreigners get a drivers license?
Go online to the government website to apply for your provisional (learning) license. There is no special place for foreigners to get a UK provisional driving license, you simply apply like you would do if you were 16 years old and just learning to drive!
What driving Licence do I need to drive in Cyprus?
You can legally drive in Cyprus with a full and valid UK driving licence. You don’t need an International Driving Permit, although it could provide extra peace of mind if you have one.
What is the driving age in Cyprus?
What is the legal driving age in Cyprus? The minimum age for driving in Cyprus is 18, and for hiring a car 21. All valid national driving licences are recognised.
Does Cyprus require an international driver’s license?
If you hold a paper driving licence or a driving licence from Gibraltar, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, you may need a 1949 IDP for any length of visit. Check with the High Commission of Cyprus. If you hold a paper driving licence or a driving licence from the Isle of Man, you may need a 1968 IDP.
Do I need an international driver’s license in Cyprus?
The driving licence requirements in Cyprus state that you must have a full driving licence valid in your country of residence. You also must have an international driver’s licence.
How can I change my driving licence in Cyprus?
2) You may exchange your EU licence for a Cyprus driving licence, which is exchanged on a like for like basis. If your licence is in a language other than Greek or English you have to supply a certified translation. This must be done by the Embassy of your Country or the Cyprus Press and Information Office.
Is driving in Cyprus same as UK?
They drive on the same side as the UK so makes it much easier. As it was a former UK colony it is very much like driving in the UK, with roundabouts etc and same rules as the UK.
Can asylum seekers get driving Licence in Cyprus?
Current rules state that refugees and other foreign nationals become eligible to obtain a driver’s permit no earlier that six months of lawful stay in Cyprus, but the new rules specify that only those who obtain an approval of legal status will be able to submit the original document for a driver’s licence application.
What side of the road does Cyprus drive on?
Here are some rules and driving tips when driving in Cyprus that you need to know of before you start your journey: In Cyprus, they drive on the left-hand side of the road like in the UK and overtake on the right. Wearing of seat belts is compulsory for front and rear seat occupants.
Can I drive while waiting for my licence?
As soon as DVLA receives your application, and as long as you meet the Section 88 criteria, you may drive a car while you wait for the decision on your application. During this time you cannot drive a lorry or bus. If you would like to drive these vehicles you would need to reapply.
What is the average hours of driving lessons to pass?
According to the Driving Standards Agency (DSA), you’ll need around 44 hours of professional lessons to pass your driving test. This is just an average figure – it’s important to remember that everyone’s different.
What documents do I need to exchange my driving Licence?
A completed application form D1 (and any other required forms) Your passport, a travel document or national identity card. A passport-sized colour photo. Your current driver’s licence (remember, you won’t get this back)