- 1 Which is better Limassol or Paphos?
- 2 Can you go to Cyprus without quarantine?
- 3 What is better Larnaca or Paphos?
- 4 Is Cyprus safe for American tourists?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 What is the nicest part of Cyprus?
- 7 Is the border closed between north and south Cyprus?
- 8 Who owns Cyprus?
- 9 Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
- 10 Where is best to stay in Cyprus for couples?
- 11 Can you drink the water in Cyprus?
- 12 Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
- 13 Is English widely spoken in Cyprus?
Which is better Limassol or Paphos?
Limassol is far more developed than Larnaca or Paphos, and it is a busy port. However, it also has a wonderful seaside promenade and an extensive city beach, meaning that it’s easy to head out for a swim just about anywhere in the city.
Can you go to Cyprus without quarantine?
If you have completed the vaccination program and/or previously had COVID-19, you will not be required to quarantine after entry. All other travellers are required to quarantine for 7 days at authority-designated accommodation.
What is better Larnaca or Paphos?
Paphos has more ancient sights and bigger hotels but most beaches are rocky while Larnaca is all grey sand. Have a look at beach resorts of Ayia Napa or Protaras as the teenagers will have more to do.
Is Cyprus safe for American tourists?
Overall, Cyprus is a safe country and has seen less violent crime on the streets or elsewhere than other European countries of similar size. However, crime-related incidents do occur as does the petty crime.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the nicest part of Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Is the border closed between north and south Cyprus?
All nine border crossings between the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) and the Southern Cyprus administration opened Friday morning after remaining closed for a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who owns Cyprus?
The Republic of Cyprus is the internationally recognised government of the Republic of Cyprus, that controls the southern two-thirds of the island. Aside from Turkey, all foreign governments and the United Nations recognise the sovereignty of the Republic of Cyprus over the whole island of Cyprus.
Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
Both places you mention will be hot and have lively nightlife. Protaras has much nicer beaches so if you fancy white sand blue sea head for Protaras. Paphos is a town while Protaras is a resort.
Where is best to stay in Cyprus for couples?
Best place to stay in Cyprus for couples
- Protaras, for the beautiful beach.
- Paphos, historic sites and awesome coast.
- Amathus Bay and Limassol.
- Pernera, family-oriented resorts.
- Coral Bay, north of Paphos.
- Ayia Napa, for the young generation.
- Limassol, for the local nightlife.
Can you drink the water in Cyprus?
Food and drinking water are of high quality, absolutely safe and no food or water-borne diseases occur. Cyprus is also free from dangerous infectious diseases. There are no vaccination requirements for any international travellers.
Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
Budget travel in Cyprus is nearly impossible. It’s not that the country is particularly expensive – it’s more than the Balkans but cheaper than the Nordic countries. No, Cyprus just makes it really difficult to enjoy the country if you’re not rich and looking for a luxury vacation. Planning to Visit Cyprus?
Is English widely spoken in Cyprus?
As a country formerly under British rule until the mid 20th century, English is very widely spoken in Cyprus, with around three quarters of the population being able to speak it. All road signs are also in English as well as Greek and many shops sign, menus, public notices and advertisements etc.