- 1 How many days do you need in Cyprus?
- 2 What should I not miss in Cyprus?
- 3 What is there to do in Cyprus now?
- 4 What is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
- 7 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 8 Is it worth going to Cyprus?
- 9 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 10 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 11 What types of tourists go to Cyprus?
- 12 What can I buy in Cyprus?
- 13 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 14 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 15 Are taxis expensive in Cyprus?
How many days do you need in Cyprus?
There are so many things to do in Paphos that you could easily occupy your entire time in Cyprus, however, three days should be sufficient to both see a lot of cool things while also allowing you plenty of time to relax by the Mediterranean.
What should I not miss in Cyprus?
Some things you just can’t afford to miss in Cyprus are:
- Explore the Akamas National Park.
- Book a wine tasting session.
- Visit a monastery.
- Explore the archeological wonders of Kurion.
- Have a refreshing time at the Adonis Waterfalls.
What is there to do in Cyprus now?
Top Attractions in Cyprus
- Kato Paphos Archaeological Park. 7,516. Ancient Ruins.
- Konnos Bay. 1,790. Bodies of Water • Beaches.
- Kourion. 2,734. Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins.
- Agios Lazaros. 2,577. Churches & Cathedrals.
- Fig Tree Bay. 4,912. Beaches.
- Paphos Harbour and Port. 2,288.
- Cyprus Museum. 669.
- Blue Lagoon. 1,513.
What is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
Food Safety and Drinking Water Quality Food and drinking water are of high quality, absolutely safe and no food or water-borne diseases occur. Cyprus is also free from dangerous infectious diseases. There are no vaccination requirements for any international travellers.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Is it worth going to Cyprus?
Cyprus is a wonderful holiday destination. More so if you like exotic beaches in their pristine state, less crowds and low commercialization around the coastline. I had been there this December and must say, it felt like heaven on earth. The beaches, Troodos mountains, Nicosia, Paphos, all of it.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
What types of tourists go to Cyprus?
Over 80% of visitors come from Northern, Western, and Eastern Europe, with British tourists remaining the most numerous. Several factors contribute to this, including widely spoken English, as well as the history of British colonialism and the presence of British military bases at Akrotiri and Dhekelia.
What can I buy in Cyprus?
Let’s explore together the top 10 souvenirs to buy in Cyprus.
- A Good Bottle of Cypriot Wine.
- A Bottle of Filfar.
- A Beautiful Leather Jacket.
- Made-To-Measure Suit or Shoes.
- A Bottle of Rosewater.
- A Box of Loukoumi (Cyprus Delights)
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Are taxis expensive in Cyprus?
Regular taxi This is a very convenient (most taxis are Mercedes-Benz), but a slightly expensive option. For example, a taxi ride from Limassol to Larnaca Airport costs 50 euros. A ride to Paphos airport costs 40-45 euros. A ride around the city costs 10-12 euros.