- 1 Is Larnaca worth visiting?
- 2 What is Larnaca known for?
- 3 What is there to do in Cyprus now?
- 4 What is there to do in Larnaca in January?
- 5 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 6 Which area of Cyprus is best?
- 7 Is Larnaca safe?
- 8 Is Larnaca expensive?
- 9 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 10 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 12 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 13 How safe is Cyprus?
- 14 Is Cyprus open to tourists?
- 15 Is Larnaca Turkish or Greek?
Is Larnaca worth visiting?
Larnaca is a good option for travellers looking to stay in one location, who are visiting Cyprus for a beach holiday and a beach holiday only. It’s a charming city, however, it is lacking in sites and it is far more suited for days spent lounging on the beach rather than exploring.
What is Larnaca known for?
Larnaca is known for its palm-tree seafront also called Foinikoudes as well as the Church of Saint Lazarus, Hala Sultan Tekke, Kamares Aqueduct, and Larnaca Castle. It is built on the ruins of ancient Citium, which was the birthplace of Stoic philosopher Zeno.
What is there to do in Cyprus now?
Top Attractions in Cyprus
- Kato Paphos Archaeological Park. 7,516. Ancient Ruins.
- Konnos Bay. 1,790. Bodies of Water • Beaches.
- Kourion. 2,734. Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins.
- Agios Lazaros. 2,577. Churches & Cathedrals.
- Fig Tree Bay. 4,912. Beaches.
- Paphos Harbour and Port. 2,288.
- Cyprus Museum. 669.
- Blue Lagoon. 1,513.
What is there to do in Larnaca in January?
14 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Larnaca
- Agios Lazaros. Agios Lazaros.
- Pierides Archaeological Foundation Museum.
- Hala Sultan Tekke.
- Archaeological Museum.
- Larnaca Fort.
- Kamares Aqueduct.
- Turkish Quarter.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Which area of Cyprus is best?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Is Larnaca safe?
OVERALL RISK: LOW. Cyprus is generally very safe to travel to, even though it is geographically close to countries hit by terrorism and wars. Petty crime does occur, especially during the holidays and summer.
Is Larnaca expensive?
Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,814$ (2,370€) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 806$ (679€) without rent. Larnaca is 40.27% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
How safe is Cyprus?
But despite the conflict that has plagued the region, and has left it in a state of political uncertainty, Cyprus is considered a very safe area to visit, with very little violent crime.
Is Cyprus open to tourists?
Cyprus is open for tourism and adds 5 more countries on a green list from July 6. Tourists from 64 countries are allowed to enter Cyprus without quarantine if they can produce a Digital Green Passport or submit a negative COVID-19 test result not older than 72 hours.
Is Larnaca Turkish or Greek?
Larnaca, Greek Lárnax, Turkish Lârnaka, or Iskele, port town, southeastern Republic of Cyprus. The modern town, on the bay between Capes Kiti and Pyla, overlays much of ancient Citium, founded by the Mycenaeans in the 13th century bce; it was rebuilt by the Byzantines.