- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
- 3 What part of Cyprus should I visit?
- 4 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 7 Is food expensive in Cyprus?
- 8 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 9 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 10 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 11 Are taxis expensive in Cyprus?
- 12 What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
- 13 Which is better Cyprus or Malta?
- 14 Which is hotter Paphos or Protaras?
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
What part of Cyprus should I visit?
Paphos, one of the best areas to stay in Cyprus with beaches and history. Located on the southwest coast of Cyprus, the City of Paphos has the island’s second largest International Airport, and is a popular holiday destination where to stay in Cyprus with visitors from across Europe.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Is food expensive in Cyprus?
While meal prices in Cyprus can vary, the average cost of food in Cyprus is €33 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Cyprus should cost around €13 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Are taxis expensive in Cyprus?
Regular taxi This is a very convenient (most taxis are Mercedes-Benz), but a slightly expensive option. For example, a taxi ride from Limassol to Larnaca Airport costs 50 euros. A ride to Paphos airport costs 40-45 euros. A ride around the city costs 10-12 euros.
What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
January, along with February, is the coldest month in Cyprus. On the lowlands minimum temperature might go below 7-8°C in the coastal areas and 5-6°C inland.
Which is better Cyprus or Malta?
It’s hard to compare Cyprus or Malta when it comes to things to do as both island nations pack a lot into a small space. Where Malta has so much to offer historically spanning over numerous different influences and culture, Cyprus is the place to go if you’re a fan of ancient Greece and Hellenistic-era ruins.
Which is hotter Paphos or Protaras?
1. Re: Is it warmer in Protaras than it is in Paphos? The temps are more or less the same, with maybe a degree or two difference (Protaras usually the warmer place). Paphos has more humidity in hot weather but it’s too early yet to worry about it.