- 1 What is so special about Cyprus?
- 2 What type of people go to Cyprus?
- 3 Is Cyprus a good place for a holiday?
- 4 What is Cyprus most known for?
- 5 Do and don’ts in Cyprus?
- 6 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 7 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 8 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 9 Is there sharks in Cyprus waters?
- 10 Are there any dangerous animals in Cyprus?
- 11 Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
- 12 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 13 What is the national drink of Cyprus?
- 14 Is Cyprus dangerous?
What is so special about Cyprus?
A whole town has World Heritage status. Cyprus is a small island with a vast amount of history. But that isn’t what makes Paphos historically unique — the remains of ancient tombs, fortresses and palaces have made the whole town a Unesco World Heritage Site.
What type of people go to Cyprus?
The people of Cyprus are broadly divided into two main ethnic communities, Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots, who share many cultural traits but maintain distinct identities based on ethnicity, religion, language, and close ties with their respective motherlands.
Is Cyprus a good place for a holiday?
Cyprus is a wonderful holiday destination. More so if you like exotic beaches in their pristine state, less crowds and low commercialization around the coastline. I had been there this December and must say, it felt like heaven on earth. The beaches, Troodos mountains, Nicosia, Paphos, all of it.
What is Cyprus most known for?
Cyprus, Greek Kípros, Turkish Kıbrıs, an island in the eastern Mediterranean Sea renowned since ancient times for its mineral wealth, superb wines and produce, and natural beauty.
Do and don’ts in Cyprus?
Cyprus Travel Donts Do not enter a mosque without removing your shoes. Do not walk in front of someone who is praying. Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum in public during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Do not sit until told to sit down.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Is there sharks in Cyprus waters?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
Are there any dangerous animals in Cyprus?
The most dangerous animal in Cyprus is either the Blunt Nosed Viper or the Montpellier Snake. A bite from either one can be fatal for an adult human. Are there deer in Cyprus? There are deer known as Dama dama mesopotamia on the island of Cyprus.
Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
What is the national drink of Cyprus?
The brandy sour is a mixed alcoholic cocktail considered the unofficial national cocktail of Cyprus. While other forms of the brandy sour cocktail exist, the Cypriot variety is a distinct mixture, which only shares the basic brandy and lemon flavourings with other variants.
Is Cyprus dangerous?
Cyprus is generally very safe to travel to, even though it is geographically close to countries hit by terrorism and wars. Petty crime does occur, especially during the holidays and summer.