- 1 Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
- 2 Which side is better in Cyprus?
- 3 Is Cyprus bigger than New Zealand?
- 4 Which part of Cyprus is best for holiday?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 7 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 8 Should I visit North or South Cyprus?
- 9 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
- 11 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 12 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Which side is better in Cyprus?
There is no doubt that the best beaches in Cyprus are on the east side of the island, from Pernera to Ayia Napa. However, some of the most beautiful historical sites are on the south-west coast.
Is Cyprus bigger than New Zealand?
Cyprus is approximately 9,251 sq km, while New Zealand is approximately 268,838 sq km, making New Zealand 2,806% larger than Cyprus. Meanwhile, the population of Cyprus is ~1.3 million people (3.7 million more people live in New Zealand ).
Which part of Cyprus is best for holiday?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Should I visit North or South Cyprus?
The North is a little cheaper, but not much. The people is friendly in both parts of the Island. The food is more or less the same in both parts; there are more good restaurants in the South. There are good beaches (sand and pebble) in both parts.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
January, along with February, is the coldest month in Cyprus. On the lowlands minimum temperature might go below 7-8°C in the coastal areas and 5-6°C inland.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).