- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 3 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 4 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 7 Is food expensive in Cyprus?
- 8 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 9 Are there sharks in Cyprus?
- 10 Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
- 11 Should you tip in Cyprus?
- 12 Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
- 13 Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
- 14 Is Paphos safe for tourists?
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Is food expensive in Cyprus?
While meal prices in Cyprus can vary, the average cost of food in Cyprus is €33 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Cyprus should cost around €13 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
Are there sharks in Cyprus?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
Budget travel in Cyprus is nearly impossible. It’s not that the country is particularly expensive – it’s more than the Balkans but cheaper than the Nordic countries. No, Cyprus just makes it really difficult to enjoy the country if you’re not rich and looking for a luxury vacation. Planning to Visit Cyprus?
Should you tip in Cyprus?
Tipping in Cyprus isn’t obligatory, but may be expected. Since the country is such a popular tourist destination, tipping is common. Keep in mind, however, that a good deal of hotels and restaurants include a service charge.
Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
Both places you mention will be hot and have lively nightlife. Protaras has much nicer beaches so if you fancy white sand blue sea head for Protaras. Paphos is a town while Protaras is a resort.
Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
Comments for Paphos versus Ayia Napa in Cyprus Ayia Napa is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches like Nissi Beach and also for its often loud and noisy nightlife. If you like walking or cycling then Paphos is a better option as you are close to the Akamas peninsula and also the Paphos forest.
Is Paphos safe for tourists?
OVERALL RISK: LOW. Cyprus is generally very safe to travel to, even though it is geographically close to countries hit by terrorism and wars. Petty crime does occur, especially during the holidays and summer.