- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 3 Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
- 4 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 7 What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
- 8 Is Cyprus warm all year round?
- 9 Which is hotter Paphos or Protaras?
- 10 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 11 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 12 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 13 Are there sharks in Cyprus?
- 14 Should you tip in Cyprus?
- 15 Are there any dangerous animals in Cyprus?
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
January, along with February, is the coldest month in Cyprus. On the lowlands minimum temperature might go below 7-8°C in the coastal areas and 5-6°C inland.
Is Cyprus warm all year round?
The island is generally basked in the warm sun the whole year round. Springtime on Cyprus is generally dry and cool. The autumn can be quite pleasant and mild on Cyprus. Winter brings the rainy season, but even from December through February visitors will find plenty of sun, and many warm days.
Which is hotter Paphos or Protaras?
1. Re: Is it warmer in Protaras than it is in Paphos? The temps are more or less the same, with maybe a degree or two difference (Protaras usually the warmer place). Paphos has more humidity in hot weather but it’s too early yet to worry about it.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
Are there sharks in Cyprus?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
Should you tip in Cyprus?
Tipping in Cyprus isn’t obligatory, but may be expected. Since the country is such a popular tourist destination, tipping is common. Keep in mind, however, that a good deal of hotels and restaurants include a service charge.
Are there any dangerous animals in Cyprus?
The most dangerous animal in Cyprus is either the Blunt Nosed Viper or the Montpellier Snake. A bite from either one can be fatal for an adult human. Are there deer in Cyprus? There are deer known as Dama dama mesopotamia on the island of Cyprus.