- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 Which is the most beautiful city in Cyprus?
- 3 Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
- 4 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 7 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 8 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 9 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 10 How much is taxi from Larnaca to Paphos?
- 11 Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
- 12 Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
- 13 Are there sharks in Cyprus?
- 14 Is it safe to holiday in Cyprus 2020?
- 15 Should you tip in Cyprus?
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Which is the most beautiful city in Cyprus?
A gorgeous destination to visit all year round, here’s your guide to the most beautiful towns, cities, and villages in Cyprus.
- Pano Lefkara/ Πάνω Λεύκαρα
- Omodos/ ‘Ομοδος
- Paphos/ Pafos/ Πάφος
- Platres/ Πλάτρες
- Limassol/ Lemesos/ Λεμεσός
- Choirokoitia/ Khirokitia/ Χοιροκοιτία
- Inia/ Ineia/ Ίνια
- Lofou/ Λόφου
Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
How much is taxi from Larnaca to Paphos?
Transfers from Larnaca Airport to Paphos Transfer to paphos by taxi from Larnaca Airport will take about 1 hour and 28 minutes to get there. The distance is 133 Km and for one way trip will cost 105 euro.
Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
10 of the Best Beaches in Cyprus: Your Seaside Hotlist
- Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach, Paphos.
- Konnos Bay, Ayia Napa.
- Lara Bay, Akamas Peninsula.
- Porto Pomos, Pomos.
- Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa.
- Serena Bay, Protaras.
- Paramali Beach, Avdimou Village, Limassol.
- Mackenzie Beach, Larnaca.
Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
Comments for Paphos versus Ayia Napa in Cyprus Ayia Napa is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches like Nissi Beach and also for its often loud and noisy nightlife. If you like walking or cycling then Paphos is a better option as you are close to the Akamas peninsula and also the Paphos forest.
Are there sharks in Cyprus?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
Is it safe to holiday in Cyprus 2020?
OVERALL RISK: LOW Cyprus is generally very safe to travel to, even though it is geographically close to countries hit by terrorism and wars. Petty crime does occur, especially during the holidays and summer.
Should you tip in Cyprus?
Tipping in Cyprus isn’t obligatory, but may be expected. Since the country is such a popular tourist destination, tipping is common. Keep in mind, however, that a good deal of hotels and restaurants include a service charge.