- 1 Is December a good time to visit Cyprus?
- 2 Can you sunbathe in Cyprus in December?
- 3 Is Cyprus still hot in December?
- 4 Can you swim in Cyprus in December?
- 5 What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
- 6 Is Cyprus busy in December?
- 7 Is Cyprus warmer than Spain in winter?
- 8 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 9 Which part of Cyprus is warmest?
- 10 Where is the hottest place in December?
- 11 Where can I go for winter sun?
- 12 How warm is Paphos in December?
- 13 What is the temperature in Cyprus in winter?
- 14 Which countries are hot in December?
Is December a good time to visit Cyprus?
The average winter Cyprus weather is around 23C in November and around 18C December to February. Cyprus in October and November is a good time to visit as the weather likely to be bright and either sunny or a bit cloudy with sunny spells. December in Cyprus is the rainiest month.
Can you sunbathe in Cyprus in December?
7. Things to do in December. A visit to the beach and sunbathing is possible if you are lucky to have one those clear and sunny day. Seawater is not warm but it is not unusual to see people swimming.
Is Cyprus still hot in December?
With a location in the eastern Mediterranean just off the south coast of Turkey and north of Egypt, Cyprus’ location means it has warm weather in December. It’s one of the hottest destinations in the Mediterranean, although you’ll get some rain at this time of year.
Can you swim in Cyprus in December?
Swimming in Cyprus in december is cool In december in Cyprus swimming conditions are generally the same everywhere. Swimming in december in Agros, Larnaca, Paphos, Limassol, Athienou, Ayia Napa, Chlorakas, Kissonerga, Kolossi, Paralimni, Pegeia, Pyla and Sotira is possible but the sea is generally cool.
What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
January, along with February, is the coldest month in Cyprus. On the lowlands minimum temperature might go below 7-8°C in the coastal areas and 5-6°C inland.
Is Cyprus busy in December?
Is Cyprus busy in December? December is an off-season tourist month in Cyprus. Most of the beaches are less crowded. Plus, the streets, restaurants and even hotels experience low traffic.
Is Cyprus warmer than Spain in winter?
Which part of Europe is warmest in winter? The south of Europe is always the warmest part of the continent in winter. The Mediterranean countries of Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Malta and Spain have much warmer December temperatures compared to their northern counterparts.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Which part of Cyprus is warmest?
Summer is very hot, so much so that in the capital, Nicosia, highs are about 37 °C (99 °F) in July and August. The presence of such a hot area makes Cyprus the hottest island of the Mediterranean. During heat waves from Africa, the temperature in Nicosia can reach or exceed 40 °C (104 °F) from May to October.
Where is the hottest place in December?
To help you plan your sunny Christmas holiday, here are 15 of the hottest places on Earth in December.
- Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
- Praia, Cape Verde.
- Phuket, Thailand.
- Puerto Rico, Caribbean.
- Cape Town, South Africa.
- Sunshine Coast, Australia.
- Auckland, New Zealand.
Where can I go for winter sun?
Best places for winter sun
- CAPE VERDE. Head to Cape Verde and explore this group of islands floating off the west coast of Africa.
- GRAN CANARIA. This Canary Island is one of the UK’s favourite destinations for a winter sun holiday, and for good reason.
- COSTA RICA.
- ST LUCIA.
How warm is Paphos in December?
The average high in Paphos is 19ºC in December, which is warm enough to relax on the beach or by the pool. Things can get quite chilly in the evenings though as it can cool to 10ºC. The sea temperature’s 19ºC, while humidity’s low.
What is the temperature in Cyprus in winter?
Cyprus actually has the warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union, with average temperatures of 22–23 °C during the day and 12–14 °C at night. The temperature in the open sea hovers around 16° or 17° C in winter, which is really not too bad in comparison to elsewhere in Europe.
Which countries are hot in December?
Where is hot in December
- Cancun (30.4 °C)
- Dominican Republic (29.6 °C)
- Barbados (29.5 °C)
- Brisbane (28.2 °C)
- Cape Verde (26.4 °C)
- Melbourne (25.5 °C)
- Lanzarote (22.2 °C)
- Tenerife (21.9 °C)