- 1 What should I not miss in Cyprus?
- 2 What is there to do in Cyprus now?
- 3 Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
- 4 What can you explore in Cyprus?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 7 How many days do you need in Cyprus?
- 8 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 9 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 10 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 11 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 12 Is Cyprus cheaper than Greece?
- 13 Where is best to stay in Cyprus for couples?
- 14 Where is the best nightlife in Cyprus?
- 15 What is Cyprus famous for?
What should I not miss in Cyprus?
Some things you just can’t afford to miss in Cyprus are:
- Explore the Akamas National Park.
- Book a wine tasting session.
- Visit a monastery.
- Explore the archeological wonders of Kurion.
- Have a refreshing time at the Adonis Waterfalls.
What is there to do in Cyprus now?
Top Attractions in Cyprus
- Kato Paphos Archaeological Park. 7,516. Ancient Ruins.
- Konnos Bay. 1,790. Bodies of Water • Beaches.
- Kourion. 2,734. Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins.
- Agios Lazaros. 2,577. Churches & Cathedrals.
- Fig Tree Bay. 4,912. Beaches.
- Paphos Harbour and Port. 2,288.
- Cyprus Museum. 669.
- Blue Lagoon. 1,513.
Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
What can you explore in Cyprus?
Top 10 attractions in Cyprus
- #1. Adonis Baths.
- #2. Lara Bay Turtle Conservation Station.
- #3. Fasouri Watermania.
- #4. Troodos Mountains.
- #5. WaterWorld Waterpark.
- #6. Rock of Aphrodite (Petra tou Romiou)
- #7. Tombs of the Kings.
- #8. Kykkos Monastery (Panagia tou Kykkou)
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
How many days do you need in Cyprus?
There are so many things to do in Paphos that you could easily occupy your entire time in Cyprus, however, three days should be sufficient to both see a lot of cool things while also allowing you plenty of time to relax by the Mediterranean.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Is Cyprus cheaper than Greece?
Cyprus has many upsides too. For one, it tends to be a much cheaper destination than Greece. As a much smaller nation than Greece, Cyprus is probably the better choice for a shorter holiday as you can easily and cheaply tour the island with a rental car.
Where is best to stay in Cyprus for couples?
Best place to stay in Cyprus for couples
- Protaras, for the beautiful beach.
- Paphos, historic sites and awesome coast.
- Amathus Bay and Limassol.
- Pernera, family-oriented resorts.
- Coral Bay, north of Paphos.
- Ayia Napa, for the young generation.
- Limassol, for the local nightlife.
Where is the best nightlife in Cyprus?
The main clubbing spot, in Cyprus is Ayia Napa which is internationally known as one of the ultimate party cities; Limassol follows second on the nightlife scale followed by Paphos, Larnaca, Protaras and of course Nicosia. In the summertime fun takes a whole new meaning here in Cyprus.
What is Cyprus famous for?
Cyprus, Greek Kípros, Turkish Kıbrıs, an island in the eastern Mediterranean Sea renowned since ancient times for its mineral wealth, superb wines and produce, and natural beauty.