- 1 What area is best to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 3 Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
- 4 Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
- 5 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 6 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 8 Are there sharks in Cyprus?
- 9 Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
- 10 Are there white sand beaches in Cyprus?
- 11 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 12 How many hours does it take to get to Cyprus?
- 13 Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
- 14 How much is taxi from Larnaca to Paphos?
- 15 Is Cyprus good for couples?
What area is best to stay in Cyprus?
1. Limassol, one of the most popular areas where to stay in Cyprus. As the island’s second largest city, Limassol, or Lemesos as it’s now known, is not just a popular tourist destination. It is also the hub for Cyprus’s growing involvement in the world of international commerce.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
10 of the Best Beaches in Cyprus: Your Seaside Hotlist
- Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach, Paphos.
- Konnos Bay, Ayia Napa.
- Lara Bay, Akamas Peninsula.
- Porto Pomos, Pomos.
- Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa.
- Serena Bay, Protaras.
- Paramali Beach, Avdimou Village, Limassol.
- Mackenzie Beach, Larnaca.
Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Are there sharks in Cyprus?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
Budget travel in Cyprus is nearly impossible. It’s not that the country is particularly expensive – it’s more than the Balkans but cheaper than the Nordic countries. No, Cyprus just makes it really difficult to enjoy the country if you’re not rich and looking for a luxury vacation. Planning to Visit Cyprus?
Are there white sand beaches in Cyprus?
Perhaps the most famous beach on the island, Nissi is a gorgeous curve of white sand dipping into impossibly blue waters. It’s one of the main summer nightlife hubs on the island. This beach is also very popular with families, and the clear waters are safe for children.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
How many hours does it take to get to Cyprus?
The total flight duration from United Kingdom to Cyprus is 4 hours, 46 minutes.
Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
Comments for Paphos versus Ayia Napa in Cyprus Ayia Napa is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches like Nissi Beach and also for its often loud and noisy nightlife. If you like walking or cycling then Paphos is a better option as you are close to the Akamas peninsula and also the Paphos forest.
How much is taxi from Larnaca to Paphos?
Transfers from Larnaca Airport to Paphos Transfer to paphos by taxi from Larnaca Airport will take about 1 hour and 28 minutes to get there. The distance is 133 Km and for one way trip will cost 105 euro.
Is Cyprus good for couples?
And the fact that more and more resorts in Cyprus tend to specialize for couples, sometimes even adult-only, meanwhile others for family. But there is space for everyone, also for the young generation that has found in Cyprus one of the best places for nightlife, maybe only second to Ibiza in Europe.