- 1 Is there a dress code in Cyprus?
- 2 What do I need to know before going to Cyprus?
- 3 What is Cyprus famous for?
- 4 Is it safe to live in Cyprus?
- 5 What is considered rude in Cyprus?
- 6 What do they eat in Cyprus?
- 7 Do and don’ts in Cyprus?
- 8 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 9 Are Cypriots friendly?
- 10 What is the most popular food in Cyprus?
- 11 Why is Cyprus so popular?
- 12 What is the drink of Cyprus?
- 13 Is it easy to get job in Cyprus?
- 14 Is it easy to buy property in Cyprus?
Is there a dress code in Cyprus?
Dress codes in churches, monasteries and mosques are strictly enforced – long trousers and no bare chests for men, covered legs and shoulders for women (and also in mosques, covered heads for women and shoes off for all). Attitudes to gay people can display prejudice.
What do I need to know before going to Cyprus?
8 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Cyprus
- Cyprus is Part of The European Union.
- The Country is Divided Into Two Parts.
- There’s Left-Hand Traffic.
- Sockets and Power Plugs Are of Type G.
- The Island is The Birthplace of Aphrodite.
- Temperature Differences Can be Significant.
- Getting Drunk in Public is a No-Go.
What is Cyprus famous for?
Cyprus, Greek Kípros, Turkish Kıbrıs, an island in the eastern Mediterranean Sea renowned since ancient times for its mineral wealth, superb wines and produce, and natural beauty.
Is it safe to live in Cyprus?
Cyprus is one of the safest places in Europe. The crime rate is very low on both sides. Of course, there are instances of non-violent and non-confrontational street crimes, and it’s better not to give petty criminals an opportunity. But on the whole, Cyprus is a safe and peaceful place to live.
What is considered rude in Cyprus?
It is not considered rude for your belongings to make contact with the person in front of you or behind you when waiting in line. It is rude to yawn when talking with people of authority or family. Binge drinking and heavy drunkenness is frowned upon.
What do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Do and don’ts in Cyprus?
Cyprus Travel Donts Do not enter a mosque without removing your shoes. Do not walk in front of someone who is praying. Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum in public during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Do not sit until told to sit down.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Are Cypriots friendly?
Hospitality, accompanied by authentic smiles and friendly faces, is what characterizes Greek Cypriot people. Loyal to family bonds, traditions and culture, lovers of nice food and endless entertainment, Cypriots are always friendly and approachable. The majority of the People in Cyprus are highly educated.
What is the most popular food in Cyprus?
Koupepia is one of the most famous traditional Cyprus dishes. It’s usually made of grape leaves, stuffed with rice, minced pork or beef, fresh herbs and other seasoning and then cooked in a tomato sauce.
Why is Cyprus so popular?
Cyprus is very popular destination among young people because during summer the nightlife in Cyprus is on fire! Ayia Napa is the unofficial “party capital” with more than 10 nightclubs and numerous bars where you can get drinks starting from 2€ and a lot of them have “happy hours” for tourists.
What is the drink of Cyprus?
The national drink of Cyprus is a popular cocktail called ‘ Brandy Sour ‘ which consists of lemon squash (must be Cypriot), Cypriot brandy, Angostura Bitters and Soda water.
Is it easy to get job in Cyprus?
It is not easy, you have to be a Cypriot, or your wife Cypriot in order to work legally in Cyprus. And even you are legal to work it is not easy to find a job because of the bad situation in the world few companies are recruiting and most of time they have thousands of applications.
Is it easy to buy property in Cyprus?
How difficult is the property purchase process in Cyprus? Foreigners can buy one home in Cyprus, and are entitled to hold land freehold, but there is a maximum limit on land ownership of 3 donums (4,014 sq m). A permit to register a property is needed from the government, but can easily be obtained through a lawyer.