- 1 How many days do you need in Cyprus?
- 2 What is the best part of Cyprus to stay in?
- 3 How much money do I need for a week in Cyprus?
- 4 Is it expensive to travel to Cyprus?
- 5 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 6 Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
- 7 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 8 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 9 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 10 Is food cheap in Cyprus?
- 11 Is it cheap to eat out in Cyprus?
- 12 Why are flights to Cyprus so expensive?
- 13 Which is better Cyprus or Malta?
- 14 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
How many days do you need in Cyprus?
In 5 days (considering that you will spend a couple of days on the beach) you can get a glimpse of Cyprus. If you are based in Larnaca or Limassol you can take daytrips to Nicosia, Paphos and the mountains.
What is the best part of Cyprus to stay in?
The 12 Best Areas Where to Stay in Cyprus
- Ayia Napa, where to stay in Cyprus for nightlife.
- Akamas Peninsula/Polis, a base for lovers of nature.
- Nicosia, the largest city and capital of Cyprus.
- Agros/Trooda Mountains, an idyllic location away from the coast.
- Famagusta, still a pawn in the Greek/Turkish dispute over Cyprus.
How much money do I need for a week in Cyprus?
Cyprus trip cost Well, based on my estimates one week in Cyprus will cost you about $2,350 USD. Not too bad for a week-long vacation in the Mediterranean! Sure, Cyprus may not be as well-known as Italy or Greece, but if you are looking for an affordable beach destination in Europe, definitely consider Cyprus.
Is it expensive to travel to Cyprus?
Budget travel in Cyprus is nearly impossible. It’s not that the country is particularly expensive – it’s more than the Balkans but cheaper than the Nordic countries. No, Cyprus just makes it really difficult to enjoy the country if you’re not rich and looking for a luxury vacation.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
Food Safety and Drinking Water Quality Food and drinking water are of high quality, absolutely safe and no food or water-borne diseases occur. Cyprus is also free from dangerous infectious diseases. There are no vaccination requirements for any international travellers.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Is food cheap in Cyprus?
The prices of meals in pubs and dinners at restaurants in Cyprus vary. We have to pay around 8-14 euro for a meal in a cheap eatery. A similar dish, but in a better restaurant it will cost us 15-20 euro or more. The cheapest we will pay for the so-called street food (4-7 euro).
Is it cheap to eat out in Cyprus?
While meal prices in Cyprus can vary, the average cost of food in Cyprus is €33 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Cyprus should cost around €13 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Why are flights to Cyprus so expensive?
Flights from Cyprus are more expensive that fights to Cyprus. The reason is two-fold. The market is tiny and there is no reasonably sized airline based in Cyprus. The tiny market does not allow for an airline to be based in Cyprus and compete with foreign carriers flying to Larnaca or Paphos.
Which is better Cyprus or Malta?
It’s hard to compare Cyprus or Malta when it comes to things to do as both island nations pack a lot into a small space. Where Malta has so much to offer historically spanning over numerous different influences and culture, Cyprus is the place to go if you’re a fan of ancient Greece and Hellenistic-era ruins.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).