- 1 Is Lefkosa airport the same as Ercan?
- 2 Is Ercan airport illegal?
- 3 What is the main airport in Cyprus?
- 4 Which side of Cyprus is better?
- 5 Why is Nicosia airport closed?
- 6 Is the border closed between north and south Cyprus?
- 7 Is Northern Cyprus cheaper than southern Cyprus?
- 8 Do I need visa for Northern Cyprus?
- 9 Can you use euros in Northern Cyprus?
- 10 Can you go to Cyprus with a Turkish stamp in your passport?
- 11 Is Northern Cyprus safe for tourists?
- 12 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 13 Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
- 14 Why is it so expensive to fly to Cyprus?
Is Lefkosa airport the same as Ercan?
Ercan International Airport (ECN) is the only airport in Northern Cyprus. It’s sometimes referred to as Lefkosa (Nicosia) Airport.
Is Ercan airport illegal?
“ERCAN” (TYMBOU) is a closed airport situated in the occupied part of the Republic of Cyprus, which the Government of Cyprus, as the sole legitimate and internationally recognized authority on the island, has declared since 1974 as an illegal point of entry into and exit from the Republic of Cyprus, for the reason of
What is the main airport in Cyprus?
Larnaca International Airport is Cyprus’ main international gateway and the larger of the two commercial airports in the area controlled by the Republic of Cyprus, the other being Paphos International Airport on the island’s southwestern coast.
Which side of Cyprus is better?
There is no doubt that the best beaches in Cyprus are on the east side of the island, from Pernera to Ayia Napa. However, some of the most beautiful historical sites are on the south-west coast.
Why is Nicosia airport closed?
With the ceasefire signed on 16 August 1974 Nicosia Airport became part of the United Nations controlled Buffer Zone separating the two communities on the island, and it has been inoperable as a fully functioning airport ever since.
Is the border closed between north and south Cyprus?
All nine border crossings between the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) and the Southern Cyprus administration opened Friday morning after remaining closed for a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Is Northern Cyprus cheaper than southern Cyprus?
Generally Northern Cyprus is cheaper than Southern Cyprus. The Turkish Lira currency benefits tourists and people living in Northern Cyprus as it makes it cheaper than Southern Cyprus. Due to the currency benefits, it is not only cheaper while you are spending on restaurants, beach clubs, car hire etc.
Do I need visa for Northern Cyprus?
Most of the visitors to Northern Cyprus do not need to obtain a visa in advance for short visits.
Can you use euros in Northern Cyprus?
All shops and restaurants in North Cyprus accept pounds sterling and euros (notes, not coins). You will get a much better exchange rate for your British Pound or Euro when you arrive in North Cyprus than in the UK.
Can you go to Cyprus with a Turkish stamp in your passport?
2. Re: Turkish Stamp in passport, off to Cyprus this year!!!! You’ll be absolutely fine.
Is Northern Cyprus safe for tourists?
In general, the atmosphere in Northern Cyprus is relaxed, with violent crime appearing to be extremely uncommon. Travellers should remain cautious of pickpockets and other petty crimes. There may be some tensions between Greek and Turkish Cypriots, with clashes occasionally occurring.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Why is it so expensive to fly to Cyprus?
Flights from Cyprus are more expensive that fights to Cyprus. The reason is two-fold. The market is tiny and there is no reasonably sized airline based in Cyprus. The tiny market does not allow for an airline to be based in Cyprus and compete with foreign carriers flying to Larnaca or Paphos.