- 1 Is Cypress a part of Houston?
- 2 What city is closest to Cypress Texas?
- 3 Is Cypress in Houston metro area?
- 4 Is Cypress Texas a good place to live?
- 5 Is Cypress Texas a safe city?
- 6 Where should I not live in Houston?
- 7 What towns are close to Houston?
- 8 What cities surround Cypress California?
- 9 Does it flood in Cypress TX?
- 10 How far is Cypress Texas from the beach?
- 11 Do hurricanes hit Cypress TX?
- 12 What is the richest part of Houston?
- 13 Are cypress trees native to Texas?
- 14 What is the best suburb of Houston TX?
Is Cypress a part of Houston?
Cypress is an unincorporated community in Harris County, Texas, United States, located completely inside the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Houston. The Cypress area is located along U.S. Highway 290 (Northwest Freeway) is twenty-four miles (35 km) northwest of Downtown Houston.
What city is closest to Cypress Texas?
Major cities near Cypress, TX
- 24 miles to Houston, TX.
- 124 miles to Austin, TX.
- 172 miles to San Antonio, TX.
- 181 miles to Corpus Christi, TX.
- 205 miles to Dallas, TX.
- 209 miles to Arlington, TX.
- 211 miles to Garland, TX.
- 216 miles to Fort Worth, TX.
Is Cypress in Houston metro area?
Cypress is one of Harris County’s unincorporated communities, located about 25 miles northeast of Downtown Houston. The community is along US 290 (Northwest Freeway), west of Grand Parkway. Formerly a rural area, Cypress is now one of the largest suburbs in the Houston area.
Is Cypress Texas a good place to live?
When you study where Cypress has been and where it currently stands, it’s clear that this community is becoming more than just a “suburb of Houston ” – it’s becoming a highly sought after place to live for those looking to provide their families with safe and comfortable living.
Is Cypress Texas a safe city?
Cypress has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Cypress is 1 in 74.
Where should I not live in Houston?
Top 10 Most Dangerous Neighbourhood in Houston
- Far North. The Far North has a crime rate of 95% higher than the national average.
- Northeast. The Northeastern area has its crime rates 61% higher than the national average.
- North Houston.
- East End.
What towns are close to Houston?
Houston’s Surrounding Cities
- Bay City.
- Clear Lake City.
What cities surround Cypress California?
Cities near Cypress, California:
- La Palma, CA.
- Los Alamitos, CA.
- Hawaiian Gardens, CA.
- Stanton, CA.
- Cerritos, CA.
- Rossmoor, CA.
- Buena Park, CA.
- Artesia, CA.
Does it flood in Cypress TX?
The Cypress Creek watershed, like the rest of Harris County, has a long history of flooding. More recent Cypress Creek watershed flood events occurred in 1979 (two separate floods), Tropical Storm Allison in 2001, the Tax Day Flood in 2016 and, most significantly, Hurricane Harvey in August 2017.
How far is Cypress Texas from the beach?
There are 53.40 miles from Cypress to Beach City in southeast direction and 61 miles (98.17 kilometers) by car, following the I-610 E route. Cypress and Beach City are 1 hour 10 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Cypress, TX to Beach City, TX.
Do hurricanes hit Cypress TX?
Cypress, TX is in a very high risk hurricane zone. 54 hurricanes have been recorded in the Cypress, TX since 1930. The largest hurricane was Ike in 2008. The most recent Cypress, TX hurricane was Bill in 2015.
What is the richest part of Houston?
One of the independent cities that make up the Memorial Villages, Piney Point Village is the wealthiest area in Texas by per capita income. Opulence and luxury are staples in Piney Point real estate, a community where you can also find the most expensive houses in Houston.
Are cypress trees native to Texas?
Bald cypress can be found throughout the eastern states and west as far as central Texas. The bald cypress is known by other names in parts of its range – Gulf cypress, red cypress, southern cypress, swamp cypress, white cypress and yellow cypress.
What is the best suburb of Houston TX?
The best suburbs in Houston feature homes on sizeable lots, great accessibility, top-ranked public schools, and wonderful community amenities.
- The Woodlands. HP Team Ranking: A+
- Katy. HP Team Ranking: A+
- Sugar Land. HP Team Ranking: A.
- Clear Lake City.