- 1 What is so great about Cyprus?
- 2 Is it dangerous to go to Cyprus?
- 3 Is Cyprus famous for anything?
- 4 What type of people go to Cyprus?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 7 What is the nicest part of Cyprus?
- 8 Can you drink the water in Cyprus?
- 9 Is there terrorism in Cyprus?
- 10 What is the national dish of Cyprus?
- 11 What is the main food in Cyprus?
- 12 Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
- 13 Is there sharks in Cyprus waters?
- 14 What do I need to know before going to Cyprus?
What is so great about Cyprus?
It’s the most peaceful place on earth. Cyprus is the most peaceful place on earth, with rugged mountains and picturesque countryside. Additionally, it is a safe haven, hosting immigrants from surrounding war-torn countries. The friendliness of the locals is admirable.
Is it dangerous to go to Cyprus?
There are a few complications as to the logistics of where you are allowed to enter into and out of Cyprus. But despite the conflict that has plagued the region, and has left it in a state of political uncertainty, Cyprus is considered a very safe area to visit, with very little violent crime.
Is Cyprus famous for anything?
Cyprus known as the ‘Jewel of the Mediterranean’ and legendary birthplace of Aphrodite, the ancient goddess of love and beauty, certainly lives up to the exacting standards of its divine patroness.
What type of people go to Cyprus?
The people of Cyprus are broadly divided into two main ethnic communities, Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots, who share many cultural traits but maintain distinct identities based on ethnicity, religion, language, and close ties with their respective motherlands.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
What is the nicest part of Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Can you drink the water in Cyprus?
Food and drinking water are of high quality, absolutely safe and no food or water-borne diseases occur. Cyprus is also free from dangerous infectious diseases. There are no vaccination requirements for any international travellers.
Is there terrorism in Cyprus?
2019 Terrorist Incidents: There were no reported terrorist incidents in the Republic of Cyprus in 2019. Countering the Financing of Terrorism: The Republic of Cyprus is a member of MONEYVAL. Its FIU, the Unit for Combating Money Laundering (MOKAS), is a member of the Egmont Group.
What is the national dish of Cyprus?
Fasolada is considered to be the national dish of Cyprus. It is a bean and vegetable soup, cooked and served with plenty of olive oil.
What is the main food in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is Cyprus cheap to visit?
Budget travel in Cyprus is nearly impossible. It’s not that the country is particularly expensive – it’s more than the Balkans but cheaper than the Nordic countries. No, Cyprus just makes it really difficult to enjoy the country if you’re not rich and looking for a luxury vacation. Planning to Visit Cyprus?
Is there sharks in Cyprus waters?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
What do I need to know before going to Cyprus?
8 Useful Things to Know Before You Visit Cyprus
- Cyprus is Part of The European Union.
- The Country is Divided Into Two Parts.
- There’s Left-Hand Traffic.
- Sockets and Power Plugs Are of Type G.
- The Island is The Birthplace of Aphrodite.
- Temperature Differences Can be Significant.
- Getting Drunk in Public is a No-Go.